Sunday, November 9, 2014

New location

We had a great time cruising and living down island. The kids got to explore forts, speak another language, use different money and learned what a Baguette is supposed to taste like.




Our plans for cruising seemed to be well in to the works and we were planning our next destinations.

Unfortunately my health had other plans.

A lot of the times the kids went to explore forts with Tim, I would stay back on the boat as the hike or walk was just too much. Even a trip to the store would take a day and half for me to recover from. Things were not getting better and were actually getting worse. The whole idea of going to new places was being able to check them out, not being boat bound because I physically could not do it.  After many doctors tests and ultrasound it was determined I am hypothyroid, adrenals are fried and estrogen is out of whack. (just sharing for others that might be suffering with the same awful symptoms) One doctor did not know what to with me so said take some iron as your iron is low and that was it, another wanted to take out my thyroid as it is encroaching on my windpipe. I didn't like either option and researched if their were other options. With the help of a ND and a great website Stopthethyroidmadness.com I have decided to try and heal myself with food,

I had done this in the past and have realized as much as I love sugar, gluten and grains my body does not function well with them. I need to take these things out in order to let my body heal itself. Along with meds prescribed by the ND.

So in order to do all of this we have decided to do this being land based.  Now some may think floating on a boat in the Caribbean would be the perfect place to do this. Unfortunately boat living can be much harder than it looks. It has many rewards but is physically taxing in the best of health situations. Finding organic food in the Virgin Islands is also very hard and expensive so we have decided to go to Maui.

We had been planning on sailing to Hawaii but this just pushed up our plans and our way of going there. We plan on being there for  a year and will assess things than. If I am feeling up to it we will continue sailing or if not Tim will come back and with Crew take Ushuaia to Hawaii.

It will be sad to leave our home as she is another member of the family. We hope that she will be well taken care of in our absence. We have not been out of the Caribbean for three years so going to the States will be different.

I will miss my VI friends dearly and hope to make friends half as wonderful as my friends here.

1 comment:

  1. Hoping the clan loves Maui and that you have a quick recovery, we love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete